Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sunny Gym

Last time I came to this area, it was January, and there was plenty of rain. This time, you can notice the absence of rain for a while, by the fact that the sky is always blue, the hills are covered in yellow grass, and by the fact that everywhere else the grass is green and about 2 inches deep. This is courtesy of sprinklers - everywhere. Tons of sprinklers, and tons of water being sprinkled - over the too-thick-to-walk-through-so-why-bother grass, over "sidewalks" and "parking lots" and down drains.

When I got back to the hotel tonight I fancied a quick walk, so I went downstairs and first had a quick walk round the hotel ground floor- and noticed there was a gym. I had a go at the hill walking machine, and I climbed "40 floors" in 5 minutes, using 31 calories -before deciding that getting hot in a small room with no daylight did not compete with going for a real walk and seeing something for real. So I left the gym - and went for a walk from the hotel, passed lots of business units, with lots of nice grass, and lots of sprinklers.

No comments: