Monday, July 28, 2008

Why am I here?

Today's mission at work was to find out what I was here to do. I wasn't brought half-way across the world for my programming skills - there are a team of people conveniently located on exactly the opposite side of the world to do that, in India, where the time zone is 12 hours different.

In fact, my job here is to create a video of the demonstration that the developers are creating - which in usual video style will be a combination of screenshots, sound track, and this time video of real people using various devices too. Initially the team asked at Hollywood, just down the road in Los Angeles, to see if there were any producers going - but unfortunately they were too expensive. So the next best thing was an IT Architect from five and a half thousand miles away. Tomorrow I will be working with Meena again, and attempting to produce the first draft of a sequence for the demonstration.

On the way to work today I managed to fill up with petrol. I decided to put in $50 (£25) worth to keep me going for the week - and ended up vitually filling the tank because the fuel is much cheaper than the UK at four hundred and something dollars a gallon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But but but... you'll have your design all sorted out, the storyboard clear in your head and ready to roll when suddenly the inevitable will come back to haunt you ...you know it's gonna happen!