Thursday, January 10, 2008

Journey to California

The plane journey from Heathrow was very good. The pilot said at the start of the flight that it was usual for turbulence during the flight, and the seat-belt signs would appear. They never did as it was all very smooth. We went up over Inverness, then Iceland, Greenland and down through Canada to arrive in San Francisco at the right time. There were some very good views of icy mountains over Greenland, and the plane had a nice area at the back that I could stand in and look at the view, which made a change from sitting endlessly. I tried to take a photo or two, but because I didn't charge the camera battery I missed it all. I can try again on the way back in 2 weeks time. I did manage to get some work done on the flight too.

Customs confiscated my banana at the airport, so I went hungrily on without it to the car rental pickup place (on a little airport train thing) . Graham drove and I reminded him which side of the road to drive.

We got to the hotel, 1am Friday morning - it's now 17:45 local hime, and looking up from the computer I notice it has just got dark outside. The weather is overcast and the hotel has pink wallpaper. That's it for now. To be updated soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mountains sound cool. Shame about the banana. Having items confiscated at international airports is getting to be a habit...
XXX