Friday, August 1, 2008

Pillow Fright anyone?

I returned to my hotel room, after a day in which I finished collecting the raw materials for the video that I will start putting together tomorrow, I saw that a card had been placed on my bed. It said "Welcome", which was nice - if just a few days late. I also noticed that instead of the usual 5 pillows, they had just left 4, which I think should be enough for even the hardest-headed sleeper. But if I had felt deprived, I could take comfort from my Welcome card:

It read "I've taken special care to prepare your room..." etc. "We now offer a Pillow Menu (tm) program (see reverse side) designed just for you." For me? I see now why it took a few days to produce this card. "If one of these other pillow types will help you enjoy a more restful sleep, just call Guest Services. We'll be happy to bring your choice right up." On the back, there is a choice of Firm Synthetic pillow for people who sleep on their side; Medium Down pillow for back or stomach sleepers; Firm Down for sleepers desiring support and luxury; and U-Shaped Neck pillow for those with a u-shaped neck.

Come to think about it, after a long day at the laptop, I do have a u-shaped neck. I do sleep on my side, and on my stomach, and support and luxury is good too. Ah, perhaps that's why they've given me 4 pillows? I must remember to wake up and switch pillow whenever I turnover, so that "I can enjoy a more restful sleep".

No comments: